I read your favorite books! They were awesome- thank you so much for the recommendations. I have been a reading machine the past couple weeks, and it feels so good to be living so many lives & traveling to so many places again {you know what I mean, right?}
I've read on your blogs that a few of you are also trying to renew your love of the written word, so I thought I'd review the books I've read recently. You can also find my reading persona on goodreads.
First up...
Overall, this was a quick read. I really enjoyed Ms. Lancaster's style of writing; lady can crack jokes like nobody's business. Some of the material felt a little forced & off-topic from her cultural Jen-aissance, but it was fun nonetheless. I think I'll try one of her other books; I've heard this one is the least good. I give it a B-.
Jennifer Weiner is my absolute favorite author. Her books are considered chick lit, but I feel like that undersells them. She is an amazing writer, and her stories are always so full and inspired. This novel is different than her others, but definitely in a good way. If you like to read novels about family dynamics, definitely pick this one up. The only complaint I have is that the book featured a moderate amount of sex, which I do not enjoy & her other books don't usually have. Still, this novel is an A in my book.
This book was quite good, but maybe too short, haha. The character development is nice & the way the story is structured is very smart. This book wasn't really a page turner for me, but Ms. Fowler is obviously an accomplished writer, so I give it a B.
This book is phenomenal. It has a lot of swearing & sex which, like I said, I don't like, but it really served the story. I couldn't stop reading this one, and I think it would make a really good movie. I actually borrowed the book from the large print section of the library, because the regular version was checked out, and it made reading it even faster, haha. This book is an A+.
This book was crazy but good. I found it to be very psychological and intriguing. I couldn't wait to finish the story & piece everything together. Mature audiences only on this one, folks. B+.
Please e-mail me any good books you've read, and I'll try to do the same!
-A






Yay thank you for doing this! I am so glad that I am finally getting into books right now. Im reading "I hope they serve beer in Hell" I do not recommend it for you becuase of what you said above about searing and sex talk. But its extremly funny.
ReplyDeletelove that you checked out the large print edition of "this is where i leave you", so funny! if you gave it an A+ i must read it!
ReplyDeleteOoh, I have the last two on my goodreads "to-read" list! I'm glad to hear they were good.
ReplyDeleteI just finished "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society", and it was one of the best books I've read in awhile. Highly recommended!
I LOVE Jonathan Tropper. His sarcasm is so great! I just read "Room" which is dark but sooo good, and now I'm reading "The Summer We Read Gatsby." So far, so good!
ReplyDelete