Tuesday, February 14, 2012

February Birchbox

I hope we're still posting about our Birchboxes, cos here's mine!

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant {$50}


I was so, so excited to see this in my box. My best friend and I have been going back and forth about investing in Dermalogica products for about a month now. I've used this twice, and I really like it. It's an exfoliant that isn't too harsh, but still makes my skin really smooth. Plus, it's a generous sample size.

Eye Rock Desinger Liner {$13}


This was sort of weird. These are eyeliner stickers. For your eyes. I tried some this morning before work. With some effort, I was able to apply one sticker to my left eye, but once I got my right one on, they didn't match! Now, the point of sticker eyeliner, presumably, is that you don't need to try so hard to get your eye make-up to be symmetrical. When I tried to adjust my left sticker, the adhesive had worn off, so I ended up throwing the first set away and using my liquid liner instead.

Colorscience Pro Mineral Bronzer Face Color {$50}


This sample came in a weird, "reusable" puff. So, you rip the top off the plastic pouch, grab the sponge that is spotted with red powder, then pat and blend it on your face. I did this today at my desk after lunch and saw no noticeable difference, though I may had ended up with a very subtle orange glow. This was weird, as well. Right up there with eyeliner stickers.

Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint {$38}


If you're looking for a good tinted moisturizer, try Laura Mercier. It's fabulous. Two out of two Birchboxes this year have contained Jouer products, and I'm just not impressed.

---

Overall, my February Birchbox was a bit of a disappointment, just like January. I love the idea of Birchbox, but I just need better stuff. This month was just downright strange. However, the fact that I got a fat sample of something that I was planning to buy anyway was totally sweet. Plus, I'm still in love with the idea of opening my mailbox in the middle of the month and finding a pink package of make-up.

What came in your February box?

4 comments:

  1. My box isn't here yet!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am way obsessed with Birchbox - you got some great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. let me know about colorscience....that stuff gave me giant welts....
    bismuth oxychloride is a major irritant and should be avoided at all costs if you are easily prone to breakouts {me}...
    careful love,....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was really disappointed in my February Birchbox too. I didn't get the eyeliner stickers, but I got sparkly gold temporary lip tattoos - wtf?? Am I a 16 year old going to a Kesha concert? So I went and changed my beauty profile today. Hopefully I won't get any more crap like that.
    Related - did you know you can take surveys on all of the products you receive in your Birchbox, and you get 10 points for each one? I've racked up tons of points that way!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!

{Anonymous has been disabled due to too much spam, but feel free to send me an e-mail, if you don't have an account on here!}