Lately I've been attracted to very girl-y blogs. My eye has been drawn to all things pink and pretty, and my (normally somewhat composed) mind has been saying "adorbs!" and "gorg!" entirely involuntarily. The best result of getting to know all these glamorous ladies is the beauty knowledge I now have. I love when a gal finds a can't-beat-it product and shares the wealth. So, without further ado, my make-up must-haves list!
1. MAC eyeshadow in Carbon, which is much blacker in person, and an angled eyeshadow brush. I dip the brush in water and then put some powder on it to use as eyeliner. This helps my eyeliner to look softer and creates a more smokey eye.
2. Like many a fellow blogger, I am addicted to NARS blush in Orgasm. Something about the way it goes on just has me smitten. &, as far as I can tell, it doesn't look bad on anyone!
3. CoverGirl lipslick in Daring. While I have to admit that "lipslick" is a pretty lame name for a product, this stuff is amazing. It's a mix between a balm and a gloss, so it's often saving me when I've forgotten to bring my Chapstick, which is my real beauty must-have. I lovingly refer to this baby as my Sophia Bush lipstick.
4. Philosophy Purity face wash. As the name suggests, this is a very simple face wash. It removes my make-up and makes my face super fresh. Also, it was practically made to go with the Clarisonic skin brush.
5. Benefit Kitten Classic. This shimmer powder-filled puff is so luxurious. I normally save this for special occasions, but the case look gorgeous on my vanity every day.
6. An eyelash curler, gold-plating optional. My eyelashes leave something to be desired, so an eyelash curler is a necessity. I use a cheapie Revlon version, and it does the job fine.
And, just for fun, here are the products currently residing on my "to-buy" list.
1. Benefit Waterproof Bad Gal eyeliner. While I love my current shadow-brush system, this pencil would give me a bit more precision. Plus, it's won a ton of beauty awards.
2. Diorshow mascara. I found out about this through another blog, and it is fantastic! Like I said, my eyelashes are not awesome, but this mascara adds curl, length, and thickness. I need to replace mine, but I'm using up the last of my Clinique mascara right now.
3. Origins A Perfect World moisturizer. I've heard great things about Origins and need something simple to moisturize with. Has anyone used this before?
4. Chanel Coco Madamoiselle perfume. Half my love for this stems from the gorgeous bottle. Pink LouLou considers this her signature fall scent.
5. Laura Mercier tinted lip balm. It couldn't hurt to have a back-up for my Daring lipslick.
6. Chanel nail polish in Inattendu. Even though this is from the Spring 2010 collection, I think it has a sweet, subdued look that is perfect for fall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




We are so happy to hear that you found a cleanser that works well with your Clarisonic. Sounds like a sonic match! If you ever have questions about your Clarisonic we are here to help. Find us on Twitter @Clarisonic or via email info@clarisonic.com. We'd love to hear from you and we are here to help. Cheers!
ReplyDeleteoh- i used to have the kitten poof in college. it is so pretty on your vanity! i think i only used it two of three times, but it sat out for years. :)
ReplyDeleteThat Coco smell reminds me of high school when I'd wear nothing else. I love it! Too heavey for me now though. Man I feel like my make up bag needs a mjor face lift after all this chit chat!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great list! I love your recommendations!
ReplyDeleteLuvs!
have the nail polish from chanel!
ReplyDeletecant live without it!
feels like somethings wrong without it!
That might have to be my first purchase off my list! What color do you have it in?
ReplyDeleteHa ha I am cracking up right now! You are so cute. Thanks for the 'shout-out' he he. And yes Nars blush in Orgasm is the best stuff ever made.
ReplyDelete