By now, we're all well aware of the tragedy that has been unfolding in Japan since Friday. So much human life has been lost, and countries and individuals worldwide are offering support to the Japanese in this time of great trial. Trying to keep up with the news reports has me overwhelmed with sadness and I'm left dizzy, trying to comprehend all of this loss. Something I hadn't thought about since all of this has happened is the horrible effect on the lives of animals in Japan. Since I was a very small child, my empathy for animals has been seemingly unending. They can't defend themselves when something like this happens, and oftentimes they don't have advocates to defend them, either.
Like I said, these thoughts had escaped me until I read Erin's post on Monday. She has generously offered to donate $1 per comment she receives on that post to benefit the American Humane Association's Red Star Animal Emergency Services. I've decided to do the same with this post.
Please take a couple minutes before Friday at 5PM to post a comment on Erin's post, and please comment right here before Sunday night.
Thank you.


you. are. awesome.
ReplyDeleteYou are so right. I saw a picture yesterday of a Panda hugging onto a policeman's legs and it broke my heart. He was so so scared and had no idea what was going on. Seriously made me cry. You are great for doing this! I LOVE it!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea Ari! I can't even stand to look at the pictures of those poor animals.
ReplyDeleteYou're awesome! I donated what I could to World Vets; I wish I could do more.
ReplyDeleteThank you for remembering the animals! People often get so wrapped up in the devastation that they forget pets and other animals that cannot fend for themselves. It breaks my heart!!
ReplyDeleteStopping by from Lisa's blog, Lists In My Pocket.
ReplyDeleteSo wonderful. We put our precious 13 1/2 year old miniature pincher to sleep this week, so animals are heavy on my heart right now. I know they are neglected in tragedies such as this. Thank you for what you are doing! :)
What a wonderful pledge! Thank you!
ReplyDeleteMy wife works for American Humane---I think what you said is very poignant (I have felt the same way all my life). What you are doing is profound and necessary. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteThis is awesome. You know I'm spreading this among my friends (both on Facebook and in person). :D
ReplyDeleteThis is a great idea!
ReplyDeleteYour compassion is a true blessing and example for others. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteWhat a very generous gift to those animals! Such a kind gesture!
ReplyDeleteAwesome...Thank you...For caring....
ReplyDelete