A couple weeks ago, I found myself with a perfectly blank Saturday in my Lilly planner. That is practically unheard of around these parts, so I decided to take full advantage. It wasn't even 11AM before I was poolside in my itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini {it really is!}, finishing up The Knitting Circle. At the risk of sounding like a total geek, it was the most fun I'd had in ages. I've been trying to find another day just like it in my schedule ever since.
If I ever do manage to snag a free day, I want to be prepared.
I have a nice lists of to-reads on good reads, but none of them are available at my local library!
To-read:
Savannah from Savannah by Denise Hildreth
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Matched by Ally Condie
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
Georgia Bottoms by Mark Childress
Room by Emma Donoghue
Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua
Delirium by Lauren Oliver
My question to you is: have you read any of these books? Which ones are good enough to buy? Which ones should I just tough it out on the hold list for?

Loved both the hunger games series and water for elephants were books that I LOVED! The hunger game series were really quick reads... I think I read all 3 books in about 3 days and I was hooked!
ReplyDeleteread ROOM.
ReplyDeleteaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!
enough said.
xo,
katie
that comment should read....i read ROOM.. {past tense} NOT read ROOM...as in YOU should read ROOM....it is pretty heavy....nothing graphic...all implied....
ReplyDeleteYou need to add "The Help" to your list if you haven't read it already. It is awesome!
ReplyDeleteMy next one is Water for Elephants...since everyone I know has said it is fabulous!
Hunger Games was amazing. Luckily there is a second (Catching Fire) and third book (Mockingjay) that go with the first. It is truly an amazing series. I read it while student teaching--and couldn't put it down! Now, I'm in law school and read book 2 and 3 over our winter break--I couldn't put them down!
ReplyDeleteI really liked Water for the Elephants, but it did take awhile for me to get into it. I'm going to skim through it again before I go see the movie :)
The Hunger Games, Water for Elephants, and Room are all excellent. The Hunger Games completely sucked me in and I had to read all 3 back-to-back. I barely slept because I was reading them! (So excited for the movie too.) Room was very similar....it's a dark story but so fascinating and good. I could not stop talking about it to people. I haven't heard of the others but I'm going to add them to my list!
ReplyDelete