Thursday, August 11, 2011

Dad & Crab

While I was on vacation a couple weeks ago, I got to have lunch with my dad for his birthday. My dad, as you'll recall, lives in California, so it was such a treat to be able to celebrate with him. My aunt and uncle came, too, and we went to the Crab Cooker

Now, until this day, I had never encountered a menu that didn't contain at least one vegetarian item. Well, I had met my match. My lunch consisted of rice pilaf, cole slaw, and mashed potatoes (which were most definitely not vegetarian; who puts crab in potatoes?!) It was really, really funny, especially since I had assured my family that I would be able to find something to order. They didn't even have a side salad! 

Over lunch, I got caught up on the family- babies, summer camps, band practice. Also, apparently my cousin's daughter is friends with the Biebs? 

{fun sidenote: my mom thought his name was Justin Beaver. "well, Bieber is a weird name." not a weird as 'beaver', mom. not by a long shot.}

I wrote my aunt a small note to let her know what a wonderful time I had. & guess what? She wrote me back! I think I have a new penpal. 

 Are you as jealous of her handwriting as I am?

Me with Aunt Sheri

Me with Dad

I was forced to go the black-and-white route because, when they picked me up for lunch, I had just gotten out of the shower. Au naturel hair & make-up = black-and-white photo.

Getting to see my dad & family was the very sweet icing on a delicious vacation cake.


1 comment:

  1. LOL thats so funny! I am too always telling people "No I eat EVERYthing else" well not when everything else has meat in it lol that place doesnt play nice. sheesh. and ew!
    Ok so you know how much I love your mom! But now... having just read that she thought it was "Beaver"... double that!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!

{Anonymous has been disabled due to too much spam, but feel free to send me an e-mail, if you don't have an account on here!}